Balinese Village Night
A NIGHT TO REMEMBER
On arrival in Rumah Bali a traditional Balinese orchestra together with a group of mystically dressed dancers will greet the visitors. A short 150-meter stroll along the village garden path will bring the guests to Pasar Malam. The pathway is beautifully decorated with many artistically ornamented bamboo pools, Umbul – Umbul large colorful flag pools, and numerous smaller palm leaf weaving and a large number of candles.
All buildings within the Pasar Malam compound are decorated with hundreds of Paku Pipits (flower garlands hanging from the ceilings), and each table is blessed with a small canang offering. Welcomed by the smallest and cutest inhabitants, our Chef’s and the service team of the village will give you a greeting that will set the foundation for an extraordinary evening.
During the cocktail visitors will mingle with the many talented artisans who demonstrate a large number of the unique handy craft traditions on the island. Obviously you are welcome to purchase these artistically crafted masterpieces that will make a great souvenir remaining you for years to come of a very special evening.
The arts and crafts exhibitions on display include some of the following and can be tailored to your needs.
- Art and craft exhibition
- Wood carvings
- Offering making
- Various Balinese games
- The blending of Balinese spices
- Coconut Bowling
- Offering making
- Distilling of Arak and the making of rice
- Then a little magic when we hypnotize chickens
Music, Dance and Drama
In Bali there is a fundamental integration of the performing arts into daily, social, and religious activities. No celebration or gathering is complete without music and dance. Such performances serve to entertain both the Gods and the human participants enabling both to return home after the ritual with a feeling of well-being and contentment. Because of the constant demand for musical performance, there is a very large number of active music and dance troops performing that night.
Throughout the evening guests will be entertained with the very best cultural performances the island has on offer. Each event is tailored to your needs and we are able to organize a great many different entertainments that range from traditional Balinese to the contemporary Western entertainment.
In addition to the various activities we have a good in-house sound system that is more than sufficient for even the critical music connoisseur. However if you aim for something a little larger then we are able organize a system that includes every modern high-end sound gadget.
Food and Beverage
This is what we do best, cook delicious Balinese food for which we are well known for and have received many awards over the past two decades. The food served is always authentic traditional Balinese, which we prefer to serve in a way Bali’s Kings or the Royal Dutch were served.
Often when referred to Indonesian cooking then the basic phrase of Rijsttafel is used, meaning Rice Table. Contrary to European cuisine, which are mostly plated, Indonesian dishes are always served in the center of the table surrounding a large basket of steamed white rice.
Rijsttafel Village Night Dinner
- Sate Ayam, Babi, Lilit dan Udang – Chicken, Pork, Seafood and Shrimp Sate
- Sauce Kacang – Peanut Sauce
- Sambal be Tongkol – Tuna Salad with Lime and Lemongrass
- Lawer Ayam – Green Bean Chicken Salad
- Lawar Kuwir – Minced Duck Salad with Young Jackfruits
- Ketipat dan Kerupuk Emping – Rice Cakes and Fruit Crackers
- Acar, Chili-Soy – Vegetable pickles, Chili Soy Sauce
- Sambel Tomat – Spiced Tomato Sauce
- Gedang Mekuah – Seafood Soup with Green Papayas
Main Dishes served family style
- Be Celeng Base Manis – Pork in Sweet Soy Sauce
- Be Sampi Mebase Bali – Beef Braised in Spiced Coconut Sauce
- Tum Bebek – Minced Duck in Banana Leaf
- Hasil Laut Bumbu Kuning – Assorted Seafood in Turmeric Coconut Sauce
- Otak Otak – Selected Seafood Steamed in Banana Leaf
- Udang dan Cumi Panggang – Grilled Tiger Prawns and Squid
- Sayur Urab – Assorted Vegetables in Grated Coconut Dressing
- Nasi Kuning dan Putih – Yellow and Steamed Rice
- Buah Buahan – Sliced Balinese Fruits
- Kueh Bali – Selection of Balinese Cakes
- Bubuh Ijin – Creamed Black Rice with Palm Sugar
- Jaja Batun Bedil – Glutinous Rice Flour Dumplings in Palm Sugar Sauce
- Balinese Village Night Rijsttafel Dinner
- Welcome drink
- Mineral water during dinner
- Colorful ceremonial village and temple decorations
- Candles along the path and the venue
- Colorful flags poles
- Artistically decorated bamboo poles
- Hundreds of flower garlands hanging from the ceiling
- Art and Craft exhibition
- Welcome procession performed by an acoustic orchestra
- Large drums, Bamboo instruments, large cow bells and brace instruments
- Guests will be lead by the night’s village dancers.
- Legong dance
- Kecak performance